[BioC] how to write fasta file of RNA sequences

Sun Mar 18 21:00:16 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM, wang peter <wng.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> dear all:
>         it seems writeFasta can not allow RNA sequences.
>

> writeFasta(RNAStringSet(x, use.names=TRUE),"miRNA")
> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
>  unable to find an inherited method for function "writeFasta", for
> signature "RNAStringSet"

Interesting.

For now, Biostrings::write.XStringSet (which writeFasta calls
internally) handles it.

Not sure if it's intentional to not support RNA* in the ShortRead
functions[*] but you can at least use Biostrings::write.XStringSet to
do what you need for now.

-steve

[*] maybe it is intentional since no sequencers I know of will read a
"U" as most (all) incorporate dNTPs (not rNTPs) while reading ... just
stabbing at the dark on this one, though.

--
Steve Lianoglou