[BioC] ChIPpeakAnno findVennCounts

Ying Wu daiyingw at usc.edu
Mon Mar 26 22:12:12 CEST 2012

Dr Zhu,
After thinking about this for a couple days, I think the best way is a
combined approach where more documentation is added to makeVennDiagram
by such as adding findOverlaps to 'See Also' section and exposing the
select option in findOverlappingPeaks as well as giving a
warning/explanation when negative numbers appear. I think making the
values 0 would simplify things too much for the end-user.

Personally, I think the following approach would be best for venn
diagram but would require more calculations and the numbers would not
add up.
100, 010, 001 - regions/peaks exclusive to one bed file (NOT total-overlap)
110, 101, 011, 111 - min(overlap) where overlap is calculated both bed1
-> bed2 and bed2->bed1.

One case where I think 0s would be appropriate (but are negative numbers
right now) is when you compare the same file but I have not quite
figured out why this occurs yet.

Best,
Ying