[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics error with MAList

Daniel Aaen Hansen daniel at intomics.com
Wed Mar 28 21:57:27 CEST 2012

Dear Wolfgang,

The plots are definitely more useful now. Thanks.

Regarding implementing an option for plotting all MA-plots and spatial
plots, I would suggest a user option 'plot.all' which are false by
default to mimic the current behavior. Then in the functions
'aqm.maplot' and 'spatialplot', I suggest adding:

     if (plot.all) {
         whj = order(stat, decreasing = TRUE)
         lay = c(4, ceiling(x$numArrays/4))
         legOrder = ""
     }
     else if (x$numArrays <= 8) {
         ... (default behavior)

Thus, if plot.all is set to true, all arrays are plottet and if not,
it will behave as it does now. I still think it's useful to order
plots by the statistic and I also changed the layout to always be 4
columns. This is only relevant to the MA-plots and spatial plots since
for the other plots, all arrays are already included in the plots.

Best,
Daniel