[BioC] some questions about lumi package and Illumina arrays

Ekta Jain Ekta_Jain at jubilantbiosys.com
Fri Mar 30 11:47:01 CEST 2012

Dear Javier,
You can summarise probes to genes either by selecting probeset with highest expression or taking an average of the expression values for each gene mapped to the probeset. You would need the data to be annotated before you do this. Limma has a function called avereps() which would summarise probes to genes assigning an average value of expression.

This way you can choose a representative for the probeset. This should be done before you do limma on your fit data.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Best,
Ekta