[BioC] basics of GLMFit

Thu May 3 15:48:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM, chris Jhon <cjhon217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I read the manual of glmFit and fitLRT functions but i would appreciate if
> any one can explain or (send me a tutorial) about the basics of fitting
> binomial generalized linear model to a data.

Is it the "negative binomial" part, or the "glm" part that you are
curious about learning? Or are you curious about how one actually
"fits" a model to data?

This is a hard question to answer because there's just so much to know
and it's unclear what you mean by "the basics" since ... well ...
depending on your background it's not all that basic ;-)

Have you read through:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalized_linear_model

Lots of refs there including a link to McCullagh & Nelder Textbook if
that's what you're interested in. There's also lots of things that pop
up when you google "fit glm" (it's not just R help pages, either ;-)

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou