[BioC] Full error messages?

Ed Siefker ebs15242 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:24:53 CEST 2012

To follow up, I found 'geterrmessage()', but it still truncates the message.

In the documentation, it says that geterrmessage() uses the option
"warning.length" to truncate the message.

If I could increase the value of "warning.length", this would fix my problem
but when I do that:

> options("warning.length")
$warning.length
[1] 1000

> options("warning.length"=1000)
> options("warning.length"=10000)
Error in options(warning.length = 10000) :
  invalid value for 'warning.length'

I'm stuck again, any hints?