[BioC] outlier probes detection

Hooiveld, Guido Guido.Hooiveld at wur.nl
Tue May 8 13:22:07 CEST 2012

Hi Andrea,

If the affected area is relatively small (less than 5-10% of total area) we usually ignore these scratches/bubbles (because each probeset is comprised of multiple probes, and the robust summarization methods usually used within RMA (median polish or M-estimator) are able to handle these outliers pretty well).
Alternatively, the package 'Harshlight' offers options to correct for various types of artefacts.
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.10/bioc/html/Harshlight.html

Regards,
Guido

Guido Hooiveld, PhD