[BioC] outlier probes detection

Djork-Arné Clevert okko at clevert.de
Tue May 8 15:43:08 CEST 2012

Hi Andrea,

I suggest using the farms package to summarize your data. FARMS is a probabilistic latent variable model that
decomposes the data variance into signal and noise variance. Thus, up to five probe outliers per probe-set will
not impair the summarization as they will be explained as noise.
Another nice feature is FARMS' informative/ non-informative (I/NI) call that allows you to filter out probe-sets that
are relevant for your experiment.
Check out:
farms:
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/8/943.abstract
I/NI:
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/21/2897.abstract

Cheers,
Okko

--

djork clevert | gleimstr. 13a | d-10437 berlin
e: okko at clevert.de
p: +49.30.4432 4702
f: +49.30.6883 5307