[BioC] export a GappedAlignment object to a BAM file

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue May 8 16:52:46 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 07:07 AM, Yue Li wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Sure. I am working on it and will let you know once it is ready. Basically, we need a function (e.g. exportGappedAlignments) or an inheritance method something like export.GappedAlignments to export the objects of that class, right?

GappedAlignments doesn't really contain enough information for an
informative BAM file, e.g., reads, qualities, alignment scores, ... Also
presumably header information in the original BAM would need to be
carried forward... Not that I have anything better to offer (other than
filterBam for simple filtering of reads).

Martin