[BioC] necessity of moderated t statistic and false discoveries for small predefined gene list?

Moshe Olshansky olshansky at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri May 18 01:27:50 CEST 2012

Hi Rich,

You have already got the answer from Kasper. This is exactly what I am
suggesting.
The idea is that after log transformation the variances of the genes
follow some distribution. So the more genes you are using the better you
can estimate that distribution. This is just a model, nobody is claiming
that this is what really happens. But it seems to work pretty well in
"real life".

Moshe.