[BioC] edgeR, comparing models

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 23 03:35:45 CEST 2012

Dear Alpesh,

What you're doing looks correct.

However, if you are doing this analysis (Figure 2 from
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/10/4288 ) to decide whether you
need to use tagwise dispersion for your data, note that we have never
observed a real data set for which tagwise estimation is not required.
Hence it seems unnecessary to make these plots as a routine diagnostic.

Yes, dispersion=0 is Poisson.

To plot highlighted blue points, see ?points as well as

   xy <- qqnorm(pcom)

etc.

Best wishes
Gordon