[BioC] non-integer counts for edgeR

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 23 03:42:21 CEST 2012

Dear Mete,

No, you cannot use non-integer counts with edgeR.

If you must use non-integer counts, please use the voom() function in the
limma package instead.  This will do an analysis that is not too different
from edgeR, just a little less powerful, and is not bothered by
non-integer values.

Best wishes
Gordon