[BioC] GEOquery: getGEO() doesn\'t work (error \"invalid \'nlines\' argument\")

ecsi at gmx.net ecsi at gmx.net
Tue May 29 16:25:11 CEST 2012

Hi Jim,

> Why are you using system.file() in this context?

Because there is an example in the GEOquery vignette ("2 Getting Started
using GEOquery") which does it like this.

> Did you really download the soft file to your GEOquery library
> directory? That seems odd to me.

I downloaded it to a local data repository in our network (it is
obligatory to do it this way in this case).

Why does it seem odd to you? Because I downloaded the soft file? This
was a recommendation of a colleague who works a lot with GEO, we thought
the soft files would be the best option because they contain all the
information available and furthermore they are available for all the GEO
series I have analyze. As I already wrote in reply to the answer of
Sean, if there is any better way to do it, I will be happy to hear about it!

Best,
Simone