[BioC] Problem installing goseq and RCurl

Dave Tang davetingpongtang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 02:44:02 CET 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:15:51 +0900, Martin Morgan <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org>
wrote:

> On 10/31/2012 08:47 AM, Dave Tang wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:06:21 +0900, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org>
>> wrote:

>>> I am not sure what the actual problem is. But in many cases,
>>> installing libcurl with the OS's package installer does seem to fix
>>> the problem.
>>> Dan
>>
>> I got the admin to install the latest version of curl and the
>> libcurl.so.4
>> library file is now in /usr/local/lib but I still get the same error
>> when trying
>> to install RCurl on CentOS release 5.8 (Final):
>
> It's the -dev extension on Dan's suggestion that is probably throwing
> you off -- you need to have the header files for the library, in
> addition to the library per se.

Thank you Dan and Martin for the suggestions.

I couldn't figure out how to obtain the "linkable" library for CentOS 5
(to instruct the admin) and I'm not sure how the admin installed curl,
since there are now two copies of curl and curl-config (the old and new
version).

I will just do the goseq analysis on my own Ubuntu box.

Thanks again for your help,

Dave