[BioC] DNAStringSet_translate error in predictCoding()

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 1 05:08:06 CET 2012

Hi Rebecca,

It looks like your ALT variable may contain structural variants. When
structural variants are present in a vcf file, readVcf() will convert
this to a CharacterList instead of a DNAStringSetList.  Try,

alt(vcf)

and see if you have a DNAStringSetList. If instead you have a
CharacterList, see this thread for how you can subset the vcf on
non-structural variants.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2012-October/048370.html

Valerie