[BioC] how to get the first hit in each sequence from vmatchPattern results

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Nov 2 20:00:03 CET 2012

On 11/02/2012 11:38 AM, wang peter wrote:
> thank u for your advice
> i really donot know how to pick up the first element
>
> i only know
> sapply(x,unlist)

This is the only way you know how to use sapply?

So I wonder who wrote this code you sent the other day?

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2012-October/048914.html

It's using sapply in a way that is much more elaborated than
sapply(x,unlist).

I sent you my advice to do some homework at 11:27am, and at 11:38am
you come back saying that sapply(x,unlist) is the only thing you
know. Sorry but I'm afraid you'll need to do more than 11 minutes of
homework in order to have a chance to make any progress *by yourself*.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès