[BioC] LIMMA: Help needed for limma analysis with a complex design

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Nov 3 09:12:28 CET 2012

Dear Yiwen He,

See Sections 8.4 and 8.7 of the limma User's Guide:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/limma/inst/doc/usersguide.pdf

I may be able to give you more detailed advice if you show the complete
targets frame, so I can see how you have defined the experimental
variables, and if you nominate which comparisons you are interested in
testing.  I know you're interested in the effect of the treatment diet,
but there many ways to interpret what you mean by an "effect".  For
example, do you probably want to test for a difference between the special
diet and the regular diet?  Are you interested in the difference between
the before/after effects of the two diets?  On individual days?

Best wishes
Gordon