[BioC] [devteam-bioc] error in annotating a list of probeIDs

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Nov 3 19:42:57 CET 2012

On 11/03/2012 07:02 AM, Maintainer wrote:

>   Hi all,
> Im very new to R and Bioconductor so please forgive my poor language! I've been trying to ma on my list of probeIDs the relative annotation but unsuccessfully. I get
> this error
>
> The object "probes" is a data.frame so maybe a should change its class? How would i do that?
> Thanks a lot

Hi -- yes, 'probes' should be a character vector; maybe there is a column in
your data frame that contains the probe ids, in which case you should use that
column. If you are unsure what to do, you might try posting the result of

   head(probes)
   sapply(probes, class)

and tell us which column you are interested in.

Martin