[BioC] What is difference between classic and GLM edgeR

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 7 23:39:06 CET 2012

Dear Sara,

Well, the exactTest is applicable in this case, so it would be logical to
use it.  But both the classic exactTest and the more general glm
approaches will give similar results.

You don't mention having read any documentation but I presume that you
must have read the edgeR User's Guide.  The first three case studies in
the User's Guide are two group comparisons, and they all use the
exactTest.

Best wishes
Gordon