[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics run as batch-job: unable to start device PNG

Knut Hansen knut.hansen at uit.no
Tue Nov 13 13:14:08 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to run a R-script which calls arrayQualityMetrics as a
batch-job on a remote machine. But I get the error message:
Error in X11(paste("png::", filename, sep = ""), g$width, g$height,
pointsize,  :
  unable to start device PNG

The script runs fine if I run it interactively from the command line.

A bit of googleing tells me that this may have to do with the R png
device which needs the X11 device.

Does anybody have any hints on how I can solve this?

Knut Hansen