[BioC] Gviz DataTrack, type="densityplot"

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:13:23 CET 2012

Hi, I have been using Gviz to plot some of our methylation data. It is
very easy to make detailed figures.
I had been plotting the methylation of case vs. control using
DataTrack with groups and type="boxplot". I also tried an
AnnotationTrack with fun=details, where details is essentially
identical to that from the documentation to draw a densityplot. But
drawing the density plots gets a bit crowded even if I split them into
a couple tracks.

Would it be feasible to allow type="densityplot" in DataTrack which
would then plot the densityplot rotated 90 degrees. it looks like I
could add this in Gviz-methods.R in setMethod("drawGD").
I'm not familiar with the lattice stuff, is there a reason that this
hasn't been implemented?

thanks,
-Brent