[BioC] DESeq not available

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 15 18:59:49 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Emma [guest] <guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to install DESeq in R for the past 2 days, and I keep on getting the error that it is not available.  I have tried to install both through the package installer and by using the code on your website.  Is the website down or have I done something wrong?
> Thank you
>
>  -- output of sessionInfo():
>
>> source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
>> biocLite('DESeq')
> Using R version 2.9.2, biocinstall version 2.4.13.

If you look at the package homepage for DESeq:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/DESeq.html

You see that it has only been around since
Bioconductor 2.6 (R-2.11). So that's why you can't install it for R 2.9.2.
I recommend that you update to the most recently released R, which is R-2.15.2.

Dan