[BioC] [Geneanswers] About the meaning of colours in networks

Enrico Ferrero enrico.ferrero at gmx.com
Sun Nov 18 17:06:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm using the GeneAnswers package and its geneAnswersConceptRelation
function to display Gene Ontology enrichments for my lists of genes in
the form of connected networks.

I find the output very informative but I'm having a hard time in
understanding what the sizes of circles and the colours of cirlces and
arrows in the network represent.

My guess is that the intensity of red in circles reflects the adjusted
p-value of the enrichment while the size could be proportional to the
number of the genes associated with that term. Also I have no clue about
what is the meaning of the different colours of the arrows connecting
the circles (I've stumpled upon grey, light blue, orange and purple so far).

I can't find anything in the package documentation, so I was wondering
if somebody could point me to the right docs.

Thanks very much.
Best,
--

Enrico Ferrero