[BioC] weired bayseq results

Alex Gutteridge alexg at ruggedtextile.com
Mon Nov 19 15:30:24 CET 2012

You are randomly sampling 'samplesize' number of data points when you
estimate the priors as I understand it. I've never actually used baySeq
myself, but intuitively I would expect the results to stabilise if you
increase the sample size (at the expense of computational time).

I'm guessing you could record which data was used to estimate the
priors the first time you run it and then restrict the sampling to that
subset on subsequent runs to ensure your results are repeatable.

Alex Gutteridge

Alex Gutteridge