[BioC] Minfi preprocessing and rs probes

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:35:59 CET 2012

The 'rs' probes are normal SNP probes; they do not measure
methylation.  Quoting from the Illumina methylation guide
  "rs# representsSNPassays (not affected by DNA methylation)"
and
  "SNP assays can be used for sample identification and tracking. They
should be excluded for differential methylation analysis."

The purpose of these probes is for catching sample mix-ups.  We have
decided to remove them from the methylation object (MethylSet) because
they do not measure methylation and the purpose of this object is to
contain the methylation measurements.

Kasper