[BioC] GEO newbie search question

Sylvain Foisy Sylvain.Foisy at inflammgen.org
Fri Oct 5 19:40:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am so not a R expert so I apologize for the newbie question... If I have a list of gene symbols, can I get, for each of them, all GEO profiles for that gene across all platforms (or a subset of), extract normalized gene expression for that gene and feed this to LIMMA or the like to observe differential expression and make a list of all Datasets where this gene is differentially expressed?

Sorry if this seems stupid; I promised to document any solution in our wiki and share it with the world ;-)

Best regards

Sylvain

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Chargé de projet | Project Manager
Bioinformatics
Labo. de génétique et médecine génomique de l'inflammation
Centre de recherche
Institut de cardiologie de Montréal
5000 Bélanger Est
Montréal, Qc  H1T 1C8