[BioC] Rgraphviz: how to read a \"dot\" file?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 16 03:47:33 CEST 2012

On 10/15/2012 01:36 PM, Vincent Carey wrote:
> try agread()
>
> probably needs more doc

I added some to the devel version of Rgraphviz, including:

Read / write Ragraph objects

      These functions will write an 'Ragraph' object to or from a file.

Usage:

      agwrite(graph, filename)
      agread(filename, layoutType="dot", layout=TRUE)

Arguments:

    graph: An object of class 'Ragraph'

filename: The input or output filename

layoutType: character(1) specifying the format of the input file. Must
           be one of 'graphvizCapabilities()$layoutTypes'.

   layout: logical(1) indicating whether 'graphLayout' is to be called
           on the result of file input.

Details:

      These function are wrappers to agwrite() and agread() calls in
      Graphviz.

Author(s):

      Jeff Gentry

See Also:

      'agopen', 'agread'

Examples:

      V <- letters[1:10]
      M <- 1:4
      g1 <- randomGraph(V, M, .2)
      z <- agopen(g1, "foo", layout=FALSE) ## default layoutType 'dot'
      file <- tempfile()
      agwrite(z, file)

      ## supported input types
      graphvizCapabilities()$layoutTypes