[BioC] Rgraphviz: how to read a \"dot\" file?

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Tue Oct 16 06:51:16 CEST 2012

> * Vincent Carey <fgiwp at punaavat.uneineq.rqh> [2012-10-15 16:36:04 -0400]:
>
> try agread()

Thanks for your kind reply.
Alas, I have encountered two problems with this function:

1. unlike all the other R functions, it does not understand "~" in
filenames:
Error in agread("~/xgraph/share-click/2012-10-09/country-graph.dot") : Requested file does not exit

2. when I manually expand the path, it segfaults:

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x18, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: graphLayout(g)
 2: agread("/home/sds/xgraph/share-click/2012-10-09/country-graph.dot")

sessionInfo:
R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  compiler  methods
[8] base

[1] tools_2.15.1

The dot file in question was written by igraph: