[BioC] Rsamtools Package Dereferences Symbolic Links

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Tue Oct 16 17:00:00 CEST 2012

+1

I too have noticed this.  Further, consistently with this, if you use the
Rsamtools package to create the indices to symlinks pointing to bamfiles,
the indices are created in the target directory.

I think if there is a code change to address this issue by allowing
control over whether links are dereferenced, the DEFAULT should be NOT to
dereference like this.

--Malcolm Cook