[BioC] ANOVA for gene ontology analysis

January Weiner january.weiner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:36:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to test the significance of GO terms using ANOVA. Correct
me if I'm wrong, but I think that it makes sense to make a three
factorial ANOVA (where genes are one factor,  the experimental group
is the other, and the specific sample is the third) on a group of
selected genes (for example, group of genes belonging to a given GO
annotation group).

Clearly, this approach might have less power in case of small sample
sizes, but could be better than enrichment tests for larger sample
sizes.

Is there an R package that can use the existing annotation
environments for running ANOVA?

Kind regards,

January

--