[BioC] LIMMA: question about design and contrasts

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:51:35 CEST 2012

Hi Patrick,

On 10/19/2012 1:10 AM, Patrick De Boever wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We have used single color arrays for the following experiment:
>
> 25 individuals were split in 2 groups: location 1 and location 2. All individuals underwent an intervention.
> The individuals were analyzed twice: once before intervention and once after intervention.
>
> Which design should we use within LIMMA for assessing the effect of the location, the effect of the intervention, and possible interaction effect?

I think you will need to give more information. What do you mean exactly
by '25 individuals were split in 2 groups: location 1 and location 2.' ?

That can be interpreted several ways. Are the locations sampling
locations (e.g., one group was sampled from location 1 on their body,
and the other was sampled from location 2) or are these physical
locations (one group was recruited and samples were taken by lab 1 and
the other group went to lab 2, and the two labs are in different parts
of the country/university/world/whatever).

Best,

Jim