[BioC] R + SNOW scripts

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 23 00:31:28 CEST 2012

Hi Blesson,

FWIW yes there is a bunch of packages in BioC 2.11 that use snow (or
snowfall). To find them, I searched those who contain snow in their
DESCRIPTION file (the Reverse depends/suggests on CRAN doesn't list
Bioconductor packages).

Use snow: affyPara, ArrayExpressHTS, baySeq, CAMERA, cn.mops, flowMerge,
GSVA, HTSanalyzeR, LVSmiRNA, maanova, MinimumDistance, multtest,
oneChannelGUI, PANR, puma, qpgraph, RNASeqGenie, segmentSeq, xcms.

Use snowfall: ADaCGH2, CGHcall, cn.farms, flowClust, PICS, PING, sigaR,
stepwiseCM.

I don't know the details of how they use snow exactly, if they follow
best practises or not (are there best practises for using snow in
a Bioconductor package to start with?), so I'm not in a position to
suggest you look at one in particular. As Dan pointed out, we're
encouraging people to consider using the parallel package instead.

H.

On 10/22/2012 03:08 PM, Blesson Varghese wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a very new user to the Bioconductor packages. I was wondering if
> there are any sample codes within the bioconductor package that uses
> R+ SNOW combination or pointers to any sample code?
>
> I will look forward to hearing.
>
> Kind regards
> Blesson

Hervé Pagès