[BioC] How to get sequences corresponding to a GRanges?

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at langebio.cinvestav.mx
Mon Oct 29 00:28:10 CET 2012

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to get the sequences
corresponding to the ranges stored in a GRanges object. If you have the
original sequences in a BSgenome object, you can use 'getSeq'. But what
if you just have the fasta file, imported as a DNAStringSet object?

I want to avoid having to forge a new BSgenome object each time, since
I'm dealing with unfinished assemblies, with thousands of sequences that
I don't want to split into individual fasta files, etc.

Many thanks,

Cei

--
Dr. Cei Abreu-Goodger