[BioC] GeneAnswer package Query

Gang Feng g-feng at northwestern.edu
Sun Sep 2 19:25:54 CEST 2012

Hi, Reema

Please give us more info, like Steve and Sean stated in their previous

Basically, for geneAnswersConceptNet(), xx should be an instance of
GeneAnswers. So you can run
> class(xx)

If the output is not like this,

[1] "GeneAnswers"
attr(,"package")
[1] "GeneAnswers"

You need geneAnswersBuilder() to build a GeneAnswers instance at first.

There is one thing that you might need to know. Because of a large update
(especially index change) of igraph, which is one of GeneAnswers dependent
packages, the current version, 0.6.x does NOT work with GeneAnswers. The
developer of igraph provides a temp solution, igraph0, an old version of
igraph. So each time, when you launch R and GeneAnswers WITHOUT starting
the latest igraph, the current GeneAnswers is fine. But once you launch
the new igraph, all of network related functions won't work. We are
working on this issue right now and hope that the new version GeneAnswers
in OCT will work with the new igraph and Reactome.db .

Thanks

Gilbert

BTW, does anyone know how I can directly reply the original thread in
daily digest? I searched online, but didn't get any clue. Thanks a lot!