[BioC] edgeR query

Shravanthi P shravanthipsg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:16:13 CEST 2012

Thanks a lot for correcting my error. I have downloaded the Limma
package(it seems to be majorly for spotted microarray as opposed to
oligonucleotides microarry). I am having trouble even reading my data
into R. I have the tab delimited format file for a series (eg GSE9936)
.How do I read and  initialize it to an object in R? And how to I
define groups within this file for a comparison.Limma user manual
directed me to use the affy package for normalizing data.Can I not use
the already available normalized data ?
I have a time constraint and was hoping to avoid this step.

My aim is to find the up regulated and downregulated genes in breast
cancer cells when treated with Genistein on a time progression basis
(with a constant concentration)