[BioC] Batch effect

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Sep 5 23:35:40 CEST 2012

Dear Santana

you could try the arrayQualityMetrics function in the eponymous package,
which produces PCA plots and other diagnostics and is helpful to detect
batch effects.

The function runs either on the AffyBatch object, or the normalised
ExpressionSet; the former is more useful to understand how well the
experiment worked, the latter, how well subsequent analyses might work.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Sep/5/12 3:10 PM, James W. MacDonald scripsit: