[BioC] how to build a R package with the inclusion of inst/extdata

Yue Li gorillayue at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:21:30 CEST 2012

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick response. I think I probably didn't articulate my intend clearly.

Basically, I'm trying to develop a R package rather than using someone else's package. In order to run some examples I have for the functions I wrote, I need to have BAM data saved in the "inst/extdata" (or anywhere for that matters). So when I call:

R CMD check mypackage

The example that says something like

testfiles <- system.file("inst/extdata/*bam$", package = "mypackage", )

can give me the BAM files saved in that inst/extdata/ that come with the tar ball package. But I'm too ignorant to figure out how to do that.

Yue