[BioC] Analysis of Differentially Expressed Genes using Microarray Technology

Eleonora Lusito eleonora.lusito at ieo.eu
Mon Sep 10 20:38:23 CEST 2012

Dear BioC users, I have a question regarding microarray data analysis (Human
Affymetrix one color). My point is that I have just 1 sample TREATMENT and 1
sample REFERENCE. Neither technical replicates nor biological replicates are
available. A statistical test to find differentially expressed genes between
the two conditions seems to me impossible (even the simple t-test) due to the
absence of replicates. People who asked me to do the analysis were interested
only in finding the genes changing between the two conditions. In this
conditions, in my opinion only the fold change is possible just to give a
general view of the behavior of the genes. Any other suggestion about this
issue?

Thanks a lot

E.

--