[BioC] A metric to determine best filtration in the limma package

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 12 04:05:50 CEST 2012

Dear Aaron,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Gordon K Smyth wrote:

> You originally posted that you were worried that you were doing too much
> filtering.  I have advised you that there is no technical reason why you need
> to do so much filtering.  If you nevertheless want to keep the filtering just
> as stringent, then it's your judgement based on your understanding of your
> experiment!  I can't comment further.

Sorry, I replied to you as if you were the original poster of this thread,
which you weren't.  I temporarily forgot that it was the original poster
who was worried about doing too much filtering, not yourself.

Best wishes
Gordon