[BioC] submission of new package

Yue Li yueli at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Sep 14 17:25:25 CEST 2012

Dear Bioconductor colleagues,

I have a question regarding to the new package submission associated with a peer-review manuscript to some journal.

The way I understand is that I first submit my package to Dr. Marc Carlson for review. Meanwhile, I could submit my  manuscript describing the algorithm used in the package to a journal and refer "http://bioconductor.org/" in the manuscript as the download link to the package.

Is that the appropriate way to do this or is there a risk in revealing the manuscript before publication (as some journal requires some enclosure on the manuscript contents before it is published)?

Thanks in advance!
Yue