[BioC] new: Mentored Projects at Bioconductor

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 19 23:57:35 CEST 2012

We wish to announce a new feature of Bioconductor: "Mentored Projects".

The web page is

  http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/mentored-projects

with this overview:

 Developers new to Bioconductor may find mentored projects a useful way to apply, refine
 and extend their skills. Projects are identified by experienced Bioconductor developers.
 The projects involve important but manageable programming tasks. Experienced developers
 act as mentors, providing guidance and oversight. Successful mentored projects will be
 incorporated into relevant packages to benefit contributors, users, and the Bioconductor
 project.

and with this invitation:

 Below you will find a list of proposed projects.  We invite your participation.
 We welcome your suggestions.

Please respond to me directly if you have any questions or suggestions, or any interest in
participating.

Thanks!

 - Paul Shannon
   pshannon AT fhcrc DOT org