[BioC] Postdoc position available

Ted Morrow [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Thu Sep 27 16:43:20 CEST 2012

I would be grateful if you could post this advert for a postdoc position in my lab that may be of interest to Bioconductor users /Thanks:

*Postdoc position* - Evolutionary genetics of sexually dimorphic/biased expression

As part of our work on sexual antagonism the project will involve generating genome-wide expression datasets from flies at different developmental stages. The position is for 3 years and would be ideal for a highly motivated and ambitious researcher with previous experience of analysing large-scale genomic datasets, particularly of gene expression data obtained using microarrays or RNAseq. Experience with Drosophila in the lab is advantageous but not essential. The candidate should have good analytical, statistical and/or bioinformatics skills, with proficiency of using R (Bioconductor) and/or programming. The post-holder must have a background or PhD in evolutionary genetics or a related subject.

Salary range: starting at £30,122 and rising to £35,938 per annum

Informal enquiries: with a CV to ted.morrow at sussex.ac.uk

More details: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/aboutus/jobs/850

Deadline for applications: 26 October 2012

LAB WEBPAGE: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/lifesci/morrowlab/index

 -- output of sessionInfo():

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.