[BioC] Mus.musculus package pdf not found

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 2 23:38:30 CEST 2013

Hi Ido,

These are not the reference manuals you are looking for.  The one you
really want is actually here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/html/OrganismDbi.html

The reason is because the OrganismDbi package is the software package
behind the scenes that is doing all the work (it also documents how to
use packages like Mus.musculus etc.).  In contrast, the Mus.musculus
package itself is actually just a hollow shell that contains almost no
information, code or documentation of it's own.  It just points to other
packages that have all that and contains just enough information to
allow OrganismDbi to find what it needs.

But now that you have pointed this shortcoming in the documentation out,
I am going to put a reference to the OrganismDbi package in there for
users to find when they click that link...

Thank you,

  Marc