[BioC] MEDIPS error extending reads

Stephen Turner vustephen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:33:49 CEST 2013

Thanks Lukas. That solved that problem. I now have another problem.
I'm trying to look at regions of interest as before. After I've called
MEDIPS.meth(), I then try to run:

dmr_rois <- MEDIPS.selectROIs(results=dmr_all, rois=roi_file,
columns=c("counts"), summarize=TRUE)

where roi_file is created using read.csv() on this file of ROIs:
https://gist.github.com/stephenturner/5346095

I'm now getting the error:

Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 2602, 0

I'm guessing this has something to do with my ROI file, but I'm having
trouble figuring out what to do. I have 2611 ROIs, not 2602. I've
double checked that I have no duplicates - these both return 2611:

length(unique(roi_file$ID))
length(unique(with(roi_file, paste(chr, start, stop))))

There may be some overlapping regions, but I'm unsure how to best
handle this. Could this be causing the error?

Thanks,

Stephen