[BioC] PREDA package missing

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 11 18:32:55 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Maria [guest] <guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I am working with the PREDA package but today it doesn't exist in anywhere. I worked with it last week and I hadn't any problem.
>
> I ask if it's a problem of my R program version or of the PREDA package.
>
> I have written in the R program the following commands:
>
>> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> Bioconductor version 2.11 (BiocInstaller 1.8.3), ?biocLite for help
>
>> biocLite("PREDA")
> BioC_mirror: http://bioconductor.org
> Using Bioconductor version 2.11 (BiocInstaller 1.8.3), R version 2.15.
> Installing package(s) 'PREDA'
> trying URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/PREDA_1.4.0.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 2004077 bytes (1.9 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 1.9 Mb
>
> package ‘PREDA’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> Warning: cannot remove prior installation of package ‘PREDA’

This suggests that maybe the last time the package was installed, it
was installed by an administrator, and you (the user you are logged in
as now) does not have permission to remove it.

A solution would be to log in as an administrator and run
remove.packages("PREDA")
Then log back in as you and reinstall with
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("PREDA")

Dan