[BioC] ReportingTools error

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Apr 12 15:33:29 CEST 2013

Hi Jason,

I see the same thing - I had an email exchange with Gordon back in
February and he agreed that the row.names of the output from topTable
and topTableF should be the same thing, and it looked like he was
leaning towards using the row numbers. Given the speed with which he
updates things in limma, I assumed this happened approximately 13
nanoseconds later, but evidently it either fell through the cracks or he
had a change of mind (Gordon is cc'ed).

But I wonder if the ID column is a better way to go anyway.

Gordon - what is the safest way to use data from either topTable or
topTableF to extract the corresponding raw data from the input object?
Is the ID column guaranteed to always correspond to the row.names or
featureNames of the data passed into lmFit?

Best,

Jim

 > sessionInfo()
R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
  [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] parallel  stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
  [1] ReportingTools_2.1.2      knitr_1.2
  [3] lattice_0.20-15           affycoretools_1.32.0
  [5] KEGG.db_2.9.0             GO.db_2.9.0
  [7] AnnotationDbi_1.22.1      affy_1.38.0
  [9] pd.ragene.1.0.st.v1_3.8.0 RSQLite_0.11.2
[11] DBI_0.2-5                 limma_3.16.1
[13] oligo_1.24.0              Biobase_2.20.0
[15] oligoClasses_1.22.0       BiocGenerics_0.6.0

[snip]

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician