[BioC] PREDA package missing

Francesco Ferrari francesco.ferrari at unimore.it
Fri Apr 12 16:57:15 CEST 2013

Hi Maria,

I think annotations for exon arrays are organized in packages with a
different structure compared to annotation packages for other arrays.

Anyway within PREDA  there are functions to get the GenomicAnnotations
object from alternative sources in a flexible way.
I would suggest you to use the functions

GenomicAnnotationsFromdataframe
OR
GenomicAnnotationsFromfile

to get annotations for each gene (or each exon) from any data frame or
txt file. The functions parameters allow you to specify the columns
containing relevant information, such as each feature IDs etc.

Once the data are imported into a GenomicAnnotations object, you can
go on with regular analysis workflow.

All the best,
Francesco