[BioC] need help for the study design of a RNA-Seq project

Moritz Hess ssehztirom at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:50:23 CEST 2013

Hi Shirley,

I would say it depends. If you are investigating an organism with no good
transcriptomic or genomic sequence ressources, I would also recommend 100bp
PE because for a subsequent assembly of the reads this is for shure
beneficial. If you have plenty of genomic ressources available, I would not
generally discard the 50bp option. I attached a paper that partially covers
the length / precision debate. Maybe it is helpful for you.

Best regards

Moritz

2013/4/12 shirley zhang <shirley0818 at gmail.com>

> Dear Wei, Sean and Dario,
>
> Many thanks for all of your reply and suggestions. I really appreciate.
>
> I will check the ENCODE RNA-seq guidelines.I also posted my question at
> Biostars.
>
> Thanks again,
> Shirley
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Dario Strbenac <d.strbenac at garvan.org.au
> >wrote:
>
> > It is a question to ask at Biostars which has the address
> > http://www.biostars.org/
>

> <zhangxl at bu.edu>

> Search the archives:

*Moritz Heß