[BioC] EdgeR- how to work PARTIALLY without replicates

Teresa t.davoli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 00:01:32 CEST 2013

I am relatively new to R and EdgeR.
In the similar package DEseq, there is the possibility of analyzing a dataset containing replicates only for one condition, but not for the other.
In this DEseq case only the condition with replicates is considered to compute the dispersion.
In the part of the User Guide of EdgeR regarding "working without duplicates" this is not mentioned.
I am asking if something similar is possible with EdgeR and how I should proceed.
Thanks,
Teresa