[BioC] ReportingTools error

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Apr 14 10:38:33 CEST 2013

Dear Jason,

In my own use of limma, I never subset topTable output by rowname, so it
isn't clear to me why ReportTools needs to do this.  To me, topTable
already does the desired subsetting, so further subsetting should never be
required.

More generally, I am unclear why ReportTools needs to operate on a
MArrayLM object.  Why not operate on the topTable() output directly?

Regards
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth

>>> hackney.jason at gene.com <mailto:hackney.jason at gene.com**>